WHO ARE WE > HISTORY
- 2004. Parallel 40 creates the project The Documentary of the Month, which starts with the European Documentaries Festival and with the screening of 8 films during 3 days and simultaneously with the rest of CNE’s (CinemaNet Europe) net cities. The same year, 3 theatres in Catalonia start to take part of the project.
- 2005. 11 documentaries are screened regularly. Verdi Park’s cinemas also welcome The Documentary of the Month Festival, with the 7 best documentaries of the year. 8 cities are part of the net.
- 2006. The project grows with the 12 documentaries premiere. The number of theatres increases to 13.
- 2007. Madrid and Comunitat Valenciana join the net. 27 theatres program documentary cinema every month.
- 2008. Illes Balears welcomes the project with the incorporation of 10 theatres. At the end of the year, The Documentary of the Month is screened in more than 35 theatres in Catalunya, Illes Balears, Comunitat Valenciana and the rest of Spain.
- 2009. Nowadays 41 theatres take part in the Spanish net. The Documentary of the Month crosses Catalan and Spanish borders and opens in 3 theatres of Santiago de Chile in May. We continue to work in order to add new theatres and cities to the project.